A unique week long camp aimed to increase an understanding of how NATURE works and inspire an emotional connection to our natural world.
Ages 9-14. August 13th-17th. Cost is $125 for the week.
This unique 5 day NATURE CAMP will offer you:
- An understanding of how NATURE works.
- An emotional connection with NATURE’S subtleties…discovering its treasures.
- Opportunities to follow in the footsteps of an Earth Mystic like John Muir, David Suzuki, Annie Dillard or Henry David Thoreau.
- Strategies in helping NATURE (planet earth) by learning how to ‘live more lightly’.
- Activities to develop positive interpersonal relationships
- We work together using the full value contract approach
- Leadership opportunities
- Journaling each day in our ‘magic spots’… a time to be alone…to have solitude opportunities in NATURE
- An Earth Talk
- Earthwalks…observing the subtleties of NATURE
- ‘Spec Trail’ journey
- Nature games and initiative problem solving tasks
- Aquatic ecosystem analysis (Theme: adaptations)
- A guest presenter from Arborview Tree Care to discuss the importance of trees in NATURE and their role as our life support system
- A scientific study of a terrestrial invertebrate organism
- Following the steps of an Earth Mystics