Playful, nature-inspired outdoor programs for under 5’s and their grownups.
A fun outdoor program for children to explore their natural world through themed stories, walks, activities, hands-on discovery, and crafts. The spring session of Lil’ Buds is a 1 ½ hour program that runs every Saturday (10am-11:30am) from mid-May to the end of June. Programs take place outdoors and are modified for safe outdoor interaction. Suitable for children (ages 2-5) and their grownup. Join us for one program or all!
Please note that a caregiver must attend, and because participation is limited, registration is required. Cost per child per program is $10….accompanying grownups free! Save $10 by purchasing a Season’s Pass to attend all programs this session!
A typical program includes storytime, activities, games, and crafts all based around one of seven themes below. If more than one program date shares the same theme, please note that the program content will be different for each.
- It’s Discovery Time! Learn about seasons, water, night & day, metamorphosis and other nature topics.
- What’s Growing in the Garden? Programs about seeds, plants, and growing vegetables.
- Up & Down in the Garden. What goes on above and below the soil? Learn about roots, shoots, worms, insects, and more.
- Over in the Garden. Fun and playful activities in our beautiful garden space.
- Over in the Forest. Fun and playful activities about our forest
- Animal Friends. Garden critters, farm animals and more!
- Honey Week Edition. All things bees and honey.